Derbyshire news provided by BBC
- Ambulance service is fined £3.5m 22 May 2013
- East Midlands Ambulance Service is fined for failing to meet response time targets for a third year.
- Couple treat diabetic monkeys in US 22 May 2013
- A couple from Derby who run a health retreat are using their knowledge of diabetes to help monkeys at a sanctuary in Florida.
- 'Fastest 14-year-old in Europe' 21 May 2013
- A Derbyshire teenager breaks an unofficial record to become the "fastest 14-year-old in European history".
- Philpott friend in jail term appeal 20 May 2013
- Paul Mosley, jailed for the manslaughter of six children in a house fire, is to appeal against the length of his jail term, his legal team confirms.
- Hydroelectric power plant opens 20 May 2013
- A Derby hydroelectric power plant is officially opened, generating enough electricity for the equivalent of 300 homes.
- Nurses honour Nightingale with march 18 May 2013
- Parade commemorates Lady With The Lamp
- VIDEO: Political Week in 60 seconds 19 May 2013
- The headlines from the week in the East Midlands
- Bradley extends Alfreton contract 22 May 2013
- Alfreton midfielder Dan Bradley signs a one-year extension which keeps him at the Impact Arena until the summer of 2015.
- Sussex complete victory at Derby 18 May 2013
- Sussex make short work of Derbyshire on the final day, taking just over an hour to seal a nine-wicket away victory.